A few months back, I posted my progress on my giant Granny Square blanket. Well, I have finally finished! I started this at the start of February this year, and finished sewing in the last yarn end on the last day of June (Note to self: sew in the ends as you go along, having to sew in approximately 200 ends in one go is not very interesting!).
I used 10 colours of DMC Natura cotton, which was lovely to work with. The finished blanket consists of 80 rounds of triple crochet clusters, with a border of 10 rounds of double crochet and a shell border to top it all off.
While this took a while to finish, I found it really easy as a beginner project and lots of fun to do. I love the bright colours, and I think it really suits it’s function as a cover for the sofa-bed in my baby son’s bedroom.