I’m carrying on with my health-kick in my play food project, this time I’ve made three crochet apples! I used this pattern from Drops design: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/us/pattern.php?id=5888&lang=us which was fairly easy to follow (although I couldn’t figure out how to do the stem their way so I just adapted the leaf from the carrot I made last time!)
Again, I used DMC Natura cotton yarn.
And how does my son like them? Well he loves them (apples are one of his favourite fruits) and was already pretending to eat them before I could get them photographed!
Again, I used DMC Natura cotton yarn (that’s Lion Brand for those of you “across the pond”!).
They’ve gotten the seal of approval from my son (he had already put them in his play saucepan to make dinner before I could take a photo!), so I think I’ll carry on in the healthy vein with this project! 🙂
The second instalment of my play food project is complete! I made some yummy French macarons, using this tutorial from NyanPon.
Again, I made these using DMC Natura 100% cotton yarn that I have in my stash. While the body of the macaron was easy to make (just a spiral of DCs), I couldn’t get my head around the surface crochet (the “ridge” above and below the “filling”). You can’t see it in the photo, but the ends of the surface crochet rings are wonky. I’m not sure how to make it neater. I couldn’t sell these but they are grand for my son’s play food set!
I think next time I’ll have to make some healthy like fruit or a vegetable to make up for two deserts in a row! 🙂
My son is just turned two, and he loves playing at cooking and eating and drinking. I’m not a huge fan of the fake plastic play food that’s available out there to buy, so I decided to started crocheting and sewing some play food for him. There are some fantastic tutorials around, so I have a whole list of cute food items to make! My first effort are these amigurumi cupcakes, which I made following this tutorial from Itsy Bitsy Spider.
I made these using DMC Natura 100% cotton yarn that I have in my stash. I made the purple and green cupcake with a 3mm hook, as recommended for that yarn, and while it turned out fine, the weave isn’t tight enough, so I used a 2.5mm hook for the pink and yellow one, with a better result.
It’s a really easy quick project to make, it’s nice to have a short project like these that you can finish in one day.