The second instalment of my play food project is complete! I made some yummy French macarons, using this tutorial from NyanPon.
Again, I made these using DMC Natura 100% cotton yarn that I have in my stash. While the body of the macaron was easy to make (just a spiral of DCs), I couldn’t get my head around the surface crochet (the “ridge” above and below the “filling”). You can’t see it in the photo, but the ends of the surface crochet rings are wonky. I’m not sure how to make it neater. I couldn’t sell these but they are grand for my son’s play food set!
I think next time I’ll have to make some healthy like fruit or a vegetable to make up for two deserts in a row! 🙂